on-line organizing example

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Apr 4 20:32:31 CDT 2001

[ed:  here is another example of an attempt to use the 'net for policy
organizing.]

From: frances_kunreuther at harvard.edu

----- Forwarded by Frances Kunreuther/FS/KSG on 04/02/2001 10:44 AM -----

		    ombwpromo at omb

		    watch.org		 To:
frances_kunreuther at harvard.edu
					 cc:

		    03/23/2001		 Subject:     Petition to Preserve
the Estate Tax
		    06:20 PM

		    Please

		    respond to

		    ombwpromo

>From the Coalition to Preserve the Estate Tax:

MoveOn.org already has MORE THAN 17,000 INDIVIDUALS in
favor of preserving the estate tax.  This is a powerful statement.

As part of a coalition of nonprofit groups opposing repeal, we're
sending this petition to you with the hope that you will choose to
help the petition top off at 20,000 INDIVIDUAL SIGNATURES.
Even if your organization has signed on to similar petitions, this is
a chance for you to make your own statement against estate tax
repeal and then send it on to others for even more signatures!

Because the petition is sorted by state, we are able to use it in
lobbying visits and also hope to use the final document in a bigger
event.

DEADLINE FOR SIGNATURES IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28.

The petition, which allows for PERSONAL COMMENTS, is located
at http://www.moveon.org/savecharity/index.html and reads as
follows:

"Preserve the estate tax on the very rich, and defend our country's
proud legacy of charitable giving."

Coalition to Preserve the Estate Tax
1742 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009