query: one on ones

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Apr 13 20:15:09 CDT 2001

[ed: especially if you know of web resources addressing Lynn's query,
please copy COMM-ORG.  Some ideas from me below.]

From: "Lynn Gisi" <lgisi at earthlink.net>

Would anyone be willing to share a sample of one-to-one questions you use when
doing a listening process  (most often used by congregation- or
institution-based organizations) or direct me to someplace online?  I have
searched the communtiy organizing website but didn't see anything.  If you also
had a description of why doing 1-1s is important, that would be an added bonus!

Thanks,
Lynn Gisi
Families & Allies Working Together
Denver, CO
www.neighborhoodlink.com/org/familiesallies

[ed:  the "Building Public Relationships" link on the COMM-ORG Training and
TA page has some stuff on one-on-ones.  The "Organizing" link by Tenant
net, also on that page, has a nice section on door-knocking, with some
similar lessons.  See the "basics of organizing" link on their page.