query: salaries

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Apr 15 10:24:11 CDT 2001

[ed:  please feel free to copy COMM-ORG with what you know about salaries
out there.]

From: Yvette L Pye <pyex0005 at UMN.EDU>

I am trying to decide my future here, and I need some help.

I am interested in community development and youth development organizing.
I have finished my MA and now working on my Ph.D. in urban social
geography.  I am embarking on a pilot study of academic disparities in
Black youth in an urban area.  The shape of this study and my dissertation
will determine what my career might be for the next ten years so.  I am now
having to contemplate "what do I want to do:" be a professor or a
practitioner in the field.  I am more attractive to the latter.

Could you provide me with a bit of information about how to find out what
salaries look like in community development organizing concerned with youth
development?

Thank you,
Yvette