query: how to give away money

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Apr 18 21:24:30 CDT 2001

[ed:  here is a bit more information from Gaye on the Appalachian Community
Fund, followed by some thoughts on the overall issue by Linda.]

From: Torybeth at aol.com
:

         ::
:

We think that ACF offers a unique and strategic model for funding grassroots
groups working for change.  These groups work with few resources and often
cannot access other grants monies.  ACF is a member of the Funding Exchange
and uses the model of "activist grantmaking" where community folks/board make
funding decisions.  We fund 40+ groups in Central Appalachia working on
everything from strip-mining to women's organizing to criminal justice to
youth leadership (and more).  Please check out our webpage (which is still
being worked on ) at
www.korrnet.org/appafund -- or email us at Appafund at aol.com.  Thanks for your
interest.
Gaye Evans