announcements: new films and new book

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Apr 29 21:15:41 CDT 2001

[ed:  please go to
http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/pipermail/announce/2001-April/date.html for the
full text of the two announcements below.]

From: "Voter March" <Voter at lb.bcentral.com>
Subject: Independent political filsm

Voter March is offering a VHS combined tape of two great independent films
of the counter-inaugurals:

* "Raining on the Parade: Inauguration 2001" by Deep Dish TV is a superb
counter-inaugural independent films with a lot of time and money spent in
professionally editing it. This 30 minute independent film has original
footage from all of the various groups at the counter-inaugurals (including
Voter March at Dupont Circle), along with political commentary from
Congressional representatives and the National Press Club on the "stolen
election" and the Bush regime.

* "Not My President - Voices from the Counter-Coup J20 2001" by the
Independent Media Center (New York City) is another excellent 30 minute
documentary film with action coverage of all the groups at J20, including
Voter March (Dupont Circle and confrontation at March to 14th and K), the
Shadow Inauguration, the International Action Center, Students for an
Undemocratic Society, N.O.W., the anonymous Black Bloc and the new Black
Panthers. Click on for the Indymedia audio/video trailer See what the
mainstream media did not want you to see! We encourage you to have "house
parties" and show these excellent independent films.

******************************

From: Stephen Hart <sahart at buffalo.edu>
Subject: new book:  Cultural Dilemmas of Progressive Politics

To my faithful friends who keep asking or have been wondering when my new
book would appear:

The book is finally in print!  The University of Chicago Press did a great
job on everything about editing and producing it, including a nifty
cover.  The final version of the title is Cultural Dilemmas of Progressive
Politics: Styles of Engagement among Grassroots Activists.  I'm appending a
synopsis to this note.  You can find the first chapter and a description
with table of contents on the University of Chicago web site
(http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/318184.html for chap 1;
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/14151.ctl  for the
description and table of contents).