query: East Oregon farmworkers

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Apr 30 15:11:46 CDT 2001

[ed:  if you know of groups with web sites, please feel welcomed
to copy COMM-ORG with your replies.]

From: Paul Gowder <pgowder at yahoo.com>

Hi,
You may know me from the posts about this tenants
union in a mobile home park... Well, in addition to my
tenant's union duties, I also need to get connected
with the local farmworkers.  (Technically, I'm this
office's "farmworker attorney," even though I should
really learn Spanish real soon now.)  The problem
seems to be that there aren't any local farmworkers to
be connected with.  To wit:

I'm in Eastern Oregon.

There's a very active farmworker group in Western
Oregon (http://www.pcun.org/).

There are a number of active farmworker groups in
Western Idaho.

But I can't find anything around here.

Does anyone have leads on organizers/union leaders for
agricultural laborers in Eastern Oregon?

Thanks,
-Paul