Organizing around September 11, 2001

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Sep 19 15:12:15 CDT 2001

[ed:  thanks to Kate and Renee for the organizing example
and thoughts.]

From: Kate Williams <katewill at umich.edu>

Campus discussion has begun on Sept 11 and its aftermath.  A new website
presenting complete sound files, photos, text, and links regarding campus
events and links to other voices:

http://www.africa.utoledo.edu click on 911

Any campus discussion that is recorded, or a link to it, can be posted on
this site.  Contact the web team at abdul.alkalimat at utoledo.edu.

- - -
Kate Williams
doctoral student, U-M School of Information
research assistant, Alliance for Community Technology
http://www.umich.edu/~katewill/

**********************

From: Renee DeLapp <renee at organizingcoop.org>

Things organizations can do:
"Not in Our Town" was a film made about Billings, Montana where the
community fought anti-Semitic violence by distributing a picture of a
Menorah through the newspaper and asking that people share it.
Then all of your standard:  interfaith gathering, candlelight vigil,
educational series, some visual symbol of peace, in-home story circles and
historical reading groups....

Of course, my favorite, ask that corporate interests weigh in
opposing war....

Renee