living wage organizing and complications

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Jan 11 20:12:01 CST 2002

[ed:  the article Doug cites brings some interesting complications
for living wage organizing.  Please feel welcomed to discuss on the
list.]

From: "Doug Hess" <DHess at frac.org>

Attached is [the URL for] an article on a recent living-wage loss. I
would be interested in experiences in getting, or not getting, human
services groups to drop their opposition to hirer wage floors.

http://www.post-
gazette.com/regionstate/20011205livingwage1205p2.asp

Doug Hess
Senior Policy Analyst
Food Research and Action Center
1875 Connecticut Ave, Suite 540
Washington, DC 20037
phone 202-986-2200 ext 3004
fax 202-986-2525  email dhess at frac.org

Please join us for our 2002 National Policy Conference in
Washington, D.C., April 7-9, 2002.  Check FRAC's website for
conference information, www.frac.org.