Informing Redevelopment After Hurricane Katrina

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 29 20:59:04 CDT 2005

[ed:  Lisa is responding to Scott's story below.]

From: "Lisa Ranghelli" <lisa at change.org>

I am angered by Scott Reed's stories of families who paid for hurricane
insurance and whose insurers are refusing to pay claims based on the
rationale that floods were the cause. Are any of the major organizing
networks or others challenging the insurance companies on this? I think
there would be a lot of people willing to call their insurers and
threaten to cancel policies if claims are not honored.