CDS pre-conference session June 25, St Louis

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun May 14 19:58:54 CDT 2006

From: Mary Emery <memery at iastate.edu>

 >How do a theater director, an urban planner, an economic developer, and a
 >post modern theorist work together to create change? Come generate new
 >possibilities for community building.  Join us for a hands-on session
 >where you will work with colleagues to apply innovative concepts and
 >approaches to real-time community solution seeking.
 >  Presenters include: Esther Farmer, Karen Dabson, Rollin Stanley, and
 > Mary Emery
Pre-conference workshop for the Community Development Society Meetings,
June 25-28 St Louis. For more information see. www.comm-dev.org

One of the strategies included in the session focuses on performance-based
community development approaches. For more information about this strategy,
please email me and I will send you a copy of an article recently published
in the Community Development Journal.  Additional strategies will look at
entrepreneurship, open spaces, and appreciative inquiry.

Mary Emery, Associate Director
North Central Regional Center for Rural Development
107 Curtiss, Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
(515) 294 2878 Fax (515) 294 3180
memery at iastate.edu  www.ncrcrd.iastate.edu