[COMM-ORG] The Most Valuable Organizer?

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun Dec 18 11:57:47 CST 2011

From: Doug Hess <dougrhess at gmail.com>

Who inspired you this year?

Every day, organizers are reaching up and bending the arc of the moral
universe towards justice. Most will never be recognized outside their local
community. Some may not even think of themselves as organizers.

We believe that everyone who works to engage others around a vision for
change is an organizer. Each year, we take time to recognize the people who
make a difference, and thank them for all they do to make our world a
better, cleaner, fairer place.

*Nominate your Most Valuable Organizer for 2011, and help us highlight the
stars of the progressive
movement.*<http://act.neworganizing.com/go/694?akid=972.56190.hlLLFb&t=2>

Maybe you want to highlight a local blogger who pursued the story no one
else wanted to touch, and shed light on a critical issue. You could honor
the volunteer leader who delivers cookies and voter contacts to your field
office. Or perhaps you want to appreciate the director of a local soup
kitchen who somehow finds a way to keep the plates full even as donations
slow.

It doesn't matter what title organizers hold, or the size of the
organizations they work for. What matters is the difference they make in
the world.

*Help us recognize the people who inspire you to keep fighting the good
fight.* <http://act.neworganizing.com/go/694?akid=972.56190.hlLLFb&t=3>

This year, we're presenting Most Valuable Organizing awards in three
categories:
Organizer<http://act.neworganizing.com/go/694?akid=972.56190.hlLLFb&t=4>,
Campaign <http://act.neworganizing.com/go/695?akid=972.56190.hlLLFb&t=5>,
and
Technology<http://act.neworganizing.com/go/696?akid=972.56190.hlLLFb&t=6>,
and you can submit a nomination in any category between now and January 31.
On January 17, we'll open online voting and invite you to vote for your
favorite nominees and help determine the finalists in each category. The
winners will be decided by an in-person vote at RootsCamp (February 18-19
in Washington, DC).

Thanks for helping us recognize the stars of our movement,

Trell, Sue, Jamie and the RootsCamp Team

P.S. *Join us at
RootsCamp*<http://act.neworganizing.com/go/697?akid=972.56190.hlLLFb&t=7>
**, where we'll celebrate the nominees, honor the winners, and prepare
ourselves for 2012 by sharing knowledge and building a stronger progressive
community.