[COMM-ORG] query: Newt Gingrich and Saul Alinsky

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 24 09:00:14 CST 2012

Hi COMM-ORG.  It appears that another presidential election season
brings another round of references to Saul Alinsky.  This time the
references are coming from Newt Gingrich.  I must admit that I only know
of these references through the news reports about them, but they sound
reminiscent of four years ago.

So I am wondering, is the Alinsky trashing playing the same way now as
four years ago?  How are community organizers responding?  How are poor
and working class folks responding?  Any thoughts out there.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
rstoecker at wisc.edu