[COMM-ORG] New Book: Fair and Affordable Housing in the U.S.

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 27 16:14:02 CDT 2012

[ed: congratulations to Rob and Kelly on the new book.]

From: Robert Silverman <rms35 at buffalo.edu>

FAIR AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN THE U.S.: TRENDS, OUTCOMES, FUTURE DIRECTIONS

EDITED BY ROBERT MARK SILVERMAN AND KELLY L. PATTERSON

U.S. fair and affordable housing policy has been constrained by
neoliberal ideologies that emphasize market-based approaches to program
implementation. Public policy aimed at ameliorating housing
discrimination and expanding access to housing markets for minorities
and the poor has remained underdeveloped, underfunded, and poorly
implemented.

Contributors Include: George C. Galster, Angela A. Kaiser, Dennis
Keating, Charles M. Lamb, Kirk McClure, Anna Maria Santiago, Ana H.
Santiago-San Roman, Nicholas R. Seabrook, Alex Schwartz, Gregory D.
Squires, Henry Louis Taylor, Jr., J. Rosie Tighe, Cristina M. Tucker,
David Varady, and Eric M. Wilk

Trade paper, $28, 346 pages ISBN: 978-1-60846-238-4

Available at a discounted rate of 30% off the cover price to students
with use of the coupon code: “SCSScourse”

To inquire about signing up for adoption discounts, or to request review
or examination copies, write to john at haymarketbooks.org

To order visit: www.haymarketbooks.org

Robert M. Silverman, Associate Professor

Department of Urban & Regional Planning

University at Buffalo
Office Location : 07A Hayes Annex C

Mail to: 114 Diefendorf Hall

Buffalo, NY 14214-8032

Voice: 716-829-5882

Fax: 716-829-3256

Email: rms35 at buffalo.edu

"I'm Rob Silverman and I approve this message"